Sudbury: Kitchen Showroom Ltd founder hands over the reins
- Credit: Archant
ROGER Hibbert is retiring after 24 years at the helm of family-owned business the Kitchen Showroom Ltd (KSL), and handing over to his son, Richard.
KSL, which is based on the Churchfield Business Park in Sudbury, was founded by Roger in North Street, Sudbury, in 1989 and has been at its present site since 2006.
“I started the company during a recession when interest rates were at 15%, so it was quite a tough start,” he said. “But we grew quickly, and our reputation meant we were soon supplying bespoke kitchens and bathrooms across Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.”
Roger added: “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed running the business in Sudbury but I thought it was time for my son to take over.”
Richard, who has worked closely alongside his father for a number of years, said that, despite the current difficult economic climate, he planned to continue the company’s growth.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really looking forward to carrying forward what my dad achieved here,” he said. “We have plans to update the showroom and we’re going to convert one of our warehouses into a new bedroom showroom on the site.
“We’re also really excited to have introduced Stoneham Kitchens as a new supplier this year, which is a fantastic addition to our range.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
Roger is planning to start his retirement by embarking on a three-month tour of Europe in his motor home with his wife Sheila.