Sudbury: Record �500,000 order for DaRo UV Systems
A WATER decontamination equipment company based in Suffolk had landed its biggest ever order, worth �500,000.
DaRo UV Systems, part of the Sudbury-based DaRo Group, has struck a deal with a governmental department to supply 12 of its ultra violet (UV) decontamination systems which will provide filtration for effluent and clean water plants.
The latest deal continues a successful run for the DaRo Group which celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2010 with its most successful ever trading year, achieving turnover of �3.4million.
It received a further boost recently when it was handed full accreditation from the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) for its UV water purifying systems.
The WRAS was set up to promote knowledge of water regulations and to encourage their enforcement to prevent waste and contamination of water. The body consults with the Government on behalf of the water supply industry.
You may also want to watch:
“We are absolutely delighted to have won this contract, which is our biggest ever single order,” said DaRo UV Systems general manager Julian Cant. “This development continues our trend of year on year success, even through the recession.”
He added: “We invested a lot of time and energy to obtain WRAS accreditation as we knew it would open up a host of new business opportunities, and so it has proved. We are certain having WRAS approval helped us to win this exciting new contract.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results