Suffolk: Apprenticeships offer at nuclear plant
THE energy giant behind plans for a third nuclear reactor on the Suffolk coast is holding an apprentice information day next month.
EDF Energy, which this week unveiled the first details of proposals for Sizewell C, say the event would be invaluable for anyone considering an engineering career.
The open day for the firm’s “advanced nuclear apprenticeship scheme” will include information on how to apply, qualifications needed and a tour of Sizewell B.
It is taking place at Sizewell Sports and Social Club, St George’s Avenue, Leiston, at 10.30am on Saturday, December 1.
Jim Crawford, station director at Sizewell B, said: “EDF Energy is really keen to encourage anyone looking for a future career in the energy industry to come along to the open day to find out what we have to offer in an industry that is growing and is vital to the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“In the current climate, an apprenticeship offers a real alternative to going to university. Our scheme is very highly regarded and this course could be the start of a truly amazing engineering career. Several members of EDF Energy’s executive team started with the company as apprentices, so the message is that the sky really is the limit for our apprentices.
“This day is really important as it gives us a chance to share our enthusiasm and experience with those wishing to apply to join the apprenticeship scheme in 2013.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
“While anyone who meets the criteria can apply, we are very keen to encourage females to consider a career in engineering at EDF Energy. Some female members of staff will be on hand to share their experiences of working in the nuclear industry.”
For more information contact Niki Spatchett on 01728 653258.