Suffolk-based Canine Creche Group to launch first franchised operation in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk-based Canine Creche Group is to launch its first franchised operation next month, marking the start of a drive to set a new standard in dog care across the country.
Bury St Edmunds Canine Creche, which will be based at 3 Boldero Road on the Moreton Hall estate, aims to replicate the success of the award-winning Suffolk Canine Creche at Martlesham, near Ipswich, the creation of group founder Candace Rose.
Suffolk Canine Creche, which won the Customer Care category at this year’s East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards, provides day-care and overnight “hotel” accommodation for dogs, with other services and facilities including training, grooming, puppy parties and a pool.
The Bury creche, which will be the first to open among four franchises sold so far, will initially offer day-care and puppy parties, with additional services to be added in due course.
Candace said: “We are thrilled to be launching our business model throughout the UK.
“We have had an incredible response from the local community within Bury St Edmunds; clearly this is a service which is already greatly sought after.”
The franchisee for Bury is Jon Kay who has been based for several months at the creche in Martlesham where he has been trained to meet its exacting standards, including how to test dogs for temperament to ensure their suitability to the creche environment in which dogs mix freely.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 9 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Kieron Dyer is in reception... Yes, he's on crutches'
A pre-opening event is being held at the Bury creche on Sunday, December 4, from noon to 4pm, when visitors – and their dogs – will be able to take a tour of the facilities.
In addition to its success in the EADT Business Awards, Suffolk Canine Creche is also a graduate of the Future50 business growth programme for up-and-coming firms in Suffolk and Norfolk.
Candace added: “Our franchising project is very exciting. We intend to change the animal care industry for the better across the UK and we believe our awards and reputation demonstrate that we are the organisation to do so.”
“We would love to see dog owners for a fur-bulous fun packed time on December 4.”