Suffolk-based coach and bus operator Galloway Travel Group to be sold
- Credit: Archant
Ownership of the Galloway Travel Group (GTG), based at Mendlesham, is to change hands later this year.
The business is to be acquired by Eastern Transport Holdings (ETH), a new company under the same ownership as Rochford-based Stephensons of Essex which already operates bus, school and charter services across Essex and south-west Suffolk.
Galloway’s directors, including managing director David Cattermole, are to retire from the business but it will continue as a standalone operation when the sale completes at the end of November.
Mr Cattermole said the message was very much one of “business as usual”.
“The directors and management team of GTG will work closely with the directors of ETH to ensure the new owners are able to develop an in depth knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the trading style of GTG before completion of their acquisition,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“The existing management team of Galloway will be instrumental in assisting the directors of ETH in planning and developing an exciting future for Galloway.”
Bill Hiron, chief executive of ETH, said: “Our acquisition of GTG represents a logical extension to the existing business and is in keeping with our vision to diversify both our geographic footprint and range of income streams.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash