Suffolk-based IPRS Mediquipe attracts top sports science names to Twickenham event
A Suffolk-based supplier of rehabilitation and physiotherapy equipment has brought together leading clinicians and adacemics in the field of elite sports science for an event at Twickenham.
IPRS Mediquipe, part of the IPRS Group, staged its annual Isokinetic User Day to explore applications of the Biodex range of equipment, for which it is UK sold distributor, at the home of English rugby.
More than 50 delegates attended the event, from organisations including Liverpool Football Club, Saracens Rugby Club, the Royal Orthopeadic Hospital and St Mary’s University.
Speakers included Dave Fevre, the head of sports medicine at Blackburn Rovers Football Club, Patrick Moran, national academies physiotherapist at the Welsh Rugby Union, and the renowned isokinetics scholar Dr George J Davies of Armstrong State University in Georgia, USA.
Also taking part were Dr Bruce Paton, a lecturer at the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health at University College London, and Bill Galway, director for international business development at Biodex USA.
You may also want to watch:
The IPRS Group, based at Little Blakenham, near Ipswich, won the Large Business category at this year’s East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards.
John Milroy, managing director of IPRS Mediquipe, which has a specialist client base throughout the UK and Ireland, said: “We’re very proud to be the UK’s only supplier of this exceptional equipment, but it is also important to us to add value to the service we provide for our customers.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
“As a Suffolk business with national reach, we’re particularly pleased this year to have welcomed delegates from some of the UK and Ireland’s top football and rugby union teams, universities, leading hospitals and private practices, and to have presented fascinating insights from experts of international reputation.”