Suffolk Business Awards: Scale-up Business of the Year
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Success may be its own reward but growing businesses deserve recognition - which is why we're looking for the Scale-up Business of the Year for the Suffolk Business Awards.
Growth and evolution – the key things that co-judge Paul Whittingham, partner at Ashtons Legal, is looking for in the winner of the Scale-up Business of the Year award.
“A scale-up business will need to have something to differentiate it from established competitors and be nimble in changing as it grows,” said Mr Whittingham.
Entries in this category must also have achieved a minimum of 20% year-on-year financial growth (turnover) for the last three years, as well as evidence of growth in market share, customers and/or employees.
“It is important to give credit where credit is due,” said Mr Whittingham. “20% year-on-year financial growth is no mean feat, especially when the country, and in fact the world, has experienced some of the most stressful times in history.
You may also want to watch:
So why is growth in market share important when scaling up a business? “It shows evolution,” says Mr Whittingham. “A scale-up business needs to have flair and be nimble in changing as it grows.
“Differentiating yourselves from your established competitors so you rightly have a share of the market is one of the biggest challenges for businesses.”
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
The recognition that the winner of the Scale-up Business of the Year award received will also go a long way to raise its profile, said Mr Whittingham.
“These awards are a great opportunity for businesses to showcase their achievements. Winning a business award is a badge of honour – it confirms that your business model is a successful one, and it allows you to shout it from the rooftops.
“The Suffolk Business Awards are a great way of bringing together and showcasing the diverse range of businesses which make Suffolk the fantastic and thriving county that it is. We live, and work here, so it is an honour to offer our support to fellow businesses in the area.”
Enter the Suffolk Business Awards at www.suffolkbusinessawards.co.uk
Meet the sponsor
Ashtons Legal is delighted to support the Suffolk Business Awards for the fourth consecutive year, and this year is sponsoring the Scale-up Business of the Year category.
At Ashtons, the aim is to be a firm our clients are proud to call ‘their solicitors’ and are happy to recommend to others. Whether a commercial or an individual client, whatever the legal needs, Ashtons’ focus is on always delivering first class legal advice with exceptional service.
With 370 staff across five offices, Ashtons has many clients in East Anglia but helps people in other parts of the country and internationally.