‘Rare’ opportunity as Suffolk care home site hits market
- Credit: Archant
A 75-bed care home development site in Stowmarket is being offered up for sale with a guide price tag of £2.25m.
The site – which lies 100m from the town’s mainline train station – is described as being in a “prime” town centre location, around 300m from various high street amenities.
Agents Christie & Co said it was a “rare” opportunity, adding that the buyer could also acquire adjoining land with consent for 93 flats.
MORE – Port haulage operator set to expand after taking on container businessIt believes the site could appeal to a variety of care operators, care village operators, retirement developers and housing associations.
Christie associate director Jordan Rundle, who is handling the sale, said: “It is rare for development opportunities to come to market situated in highly accessible town-centre locations and with the benefit of full planning permission in place. The development could make an excellent addition to corporate or regional operators based in the East Anglia area.”
Planning permission was granted in September 2020 for the “erection of a care home and 93 residential apartments with associated car parking and amenity spaces” at the site.
You may also want to watch:
The care home design – with a gross internal area of 3,804m – includes en suite wet rooms. The total area would equate to around 50.7m sq per resident, with potential to increase this by including a basement subject to planning permission, said Christie & Co.
It said freehold and leasehold “turnkey” offers would be considered on individual merit.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex