Suffolk: Chamber back IP Network for ICT sector
SUFFOLK Chamber of Commerce is spearheading the launch of a new group to drive forward the county’s hi-tech sector.
The IP Network has developed out of the IP City initiative, and its supports also include Innovation Martlesham, the cluster of ICT businesses based at BT’s Adastral Park site near Ipswich, and the School of Business, Leadership and Enterprise at University Campus Suffolk.
This week, led by the Chamber, the IP Network, a special interest group open to businesses involved in the hi-tech industry, in particular information and communications technology (ICT) will meet at the offices of Smart 421 to look, share and plan together future innovative projects.
The IP Network is being chaired by Neil Miles, managing director of Ipswich-based Smart421, who has led the expansion of the business since its acquisition by the KCOM Group in 2006, including 42% revenue growth in financial year 2010/11
“We have positioned our company as a high end consultancy specialising in technology change, a leading systems integrator and an application managed service provider,” said Mr Miles.
You may also want to watch:
“That is why we are part of the IP Network. We know that by getting businesses to share in their experiences we can build on the business community focus based on real-world experience of what it takes to get hi-tech business ideas out of the labs and into the mainstream.”
“The IP Network is giving access to search/selection and talented resources via specialist agencies,” he added. “We are bringing together a pool of vital business support services from within its established membership which is developing the vision for a sustainable future and for business growth.”
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber, said the chamber was delgihted to be working with Innovation Martlesham as a key partner in the IP Network.
“Here is Suffolk we have some of the most forward thinking, innovative businesses in the UK,” he said.
“Information and Communications Technology play a leading part in the everyday life of our county and IP Network is a greatly valued opportunity to bring all those businesses together.”