Suffolk Chamber extends support service for exporters
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce has launched a suite of services designed to play a key role in Government plans to boost the UK’s overseas trade performance.
The new Suffolk Chamber International service will build on the chamber’s existing offer, which already includes export documentation and the issuing of Certificates of Origin along with international trade mentoring and peer-to-peer networking.
Suffolk Chamber International will be delivered through five core “pillars”:
Export Readiness – intelligence, training and risk management;
Export Finance – access, payment methods and foreign currency;
You may also want to watch:
Getting Goods to Market – documentation, logistics and legal support;
International Market Access – distribution, local markets, trade missions; and
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
International Marketing – marketing knowledge, channels and translation.
John Dugmore, Suffolk Chamber chief executive, said: “As part of UK National Export Week I am delighted that Suffolk Chamber of Commerce can launch a new suite of services that will make a major difference to business in Suffolk looking to export, be that for the first time or a seasoned exporter looking at new markets
“We share the Government’s ambition to see the current one in five UK businesses exporting becoming one in four and we believe our services and global connections will play a key role in achieving this here in Suffolk.”
He added: “There is a great deal of experience and a great deal of ambition when it comes to exporting from Suffolk, whether that is to the EU or across the world
“These new services will build on that while ensuring the opportunities to export for many firms for the first time can and will become a reality.”