Suffolk Chamber extends support service for exporters
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce has launched a suite of services designed to play a key role in Government plans to boost the UK’s overseas trade performance.
The new Suffolk Chamber International service will build on the chamber’s existing offer, which already includes export documentation and the issuing of Certificates of Origin along with international trade mentoring and peer-to-peer networking.
Suffolk Chamber International will be delivered through five core “pillars”:
Export Readiness – intelligence, training and risk management;
Export Finance – access, payment methods and foreign currency;
Getting Goods to Market – documentation, logistics and legal support;
International Market Access – distribution, local markets, trade missions; and
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 7 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 8 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
International Marketing – marketing knowledge, channels and translation.
John Dugmore, Suffolk Chamber chief executive, said: “As part of UK National Export Week I am delighted that Suffolk Chamber of Commerce can launch a new suite of services that will make a major difference to business in Suffolk looking to export, be that for the first time or a seasoned exporter looking at new markets
“We share the Government’s ambition to see the current one in five UK businesses exporting becoming one in four and we believe our services and global connections will play a key role in achieving this here in Suffolk.”
He added: “There is a great deal of experience and a great deal of ambition when it comes to exporting from Suffolk, whether that is to the EU or across the world
“These new services will build on that while ensuring the opportunities to export for many firms for the first time can and will become a reality.”