Suffolk: Chamber forms partnership with Heritage Coast: Market Towns Initiative
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK Chamber of Commerce and the Suffolk Heritage Coast Market Towns Initiative have announced a new partnership for 2013 which will see the economy of Suffolk coast championed across the UK.
The chamber has entered into an agreement with the Suffolk HCMTI, the organisation that encourages greater sustainability and trading across the Heritage Coast towns of Aldeburgh, Leiston, Saxmundham and Framlingham and the surrounding areas.
“I am delighted that as a chamber we can announce a new partnership with our colleagues on the beautiful Suffolk coast.” said John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber.
“What this means is that working together, we can now ensure we lobby stronger than ever on key business issues such as business rates, parking charges of the needs of local firms. It means we can take these important issues not only to local authorities but all the way to Westminster if we need too.”
The work of the two organisations will also include overcoming issues of red tape, planning and employment law which is key to the success of small firms in Suffolk while the HCMTI will also be supporting the chamber with its supply chain work with EDF ahead of the development of Sizewell C over the coming months and years.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be entering into this new partnership with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce.” said HCMTI project co-ordinator Annette Mason-Gordon.
“The business associations and the individual businesses in the region work closely to maximize employment opportunities and this new partnership means we can go into 2013 and beyond stronger than ever before.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder