Suffolk Chamber International to host ‘Doing Business in Russia’ event in Ipswich
- Credit: David Garrad
Suffolk Chamber International is to host an event offering local companies an opportunity to learn more about how to break in to the increasingly open market in Russia.
The event, at the Ipswich Novotel on December 1, will provide an insight into the scale and nature of the opportunities beginning to unfold in Russia, where growth areas including mining, renewables, automotive, construction, power, consumer goods, food and drink, packaging, chemicals, aerospace, communications, oil and gas, engineering and leisure.
Jim Fanshawe, manager at Suffolk Chamber International, which is part of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, said: “One of Suffolk Chamber’s four key business themes is promoting international trade.
“This Doing Business in Russia event is yet another example as to how we can bring together specific country experts with businesses in the county who are looking to enter into new markets so that they are primed and ready to succeed.”
“Suffolk Chamber International has used its influence to bring together in one place key specialists from a number of different disciplines to offer a comprehensive overview of what it takes to make it in Russia.
You may also want to watch:
“Delegates will have the opportunity to have one-to-one meetings with these experts and discuss how they can reach their export potential in the Russian market.”
As well as presentations by a team of invited specialists, delegates will have the chance to take part in a Q&A session and to network with other businesses.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
Among those speaking at the event will be David Cant of Albion Overseas who has worked with Russia since the 1980s and is fluent in the language as well as being an accredited Adventace sales trainer and a highly experienced Russia cultural trainer.
He will be joined by other specialists from companies such as Blackthorne International Transport, RBCC and CTMS Travel as well as Suffolk Chamber International,
Doing Business in Russia will be held on December 1, between 9am and 1pm at the Novotel in Grey Friars Road, Ipswich IP1 1UP. Places at the event must be pre-booked. For details, visit, www.suffolkchamber.co.uk/events-networking/suffolk-chamber- events/.