Suffolk Chamber offers chance to get close-up to the action in the Tour of Britain
- Credit: Archant
Delegates at a Suffolk Chamber of Commerce networking event next week will get an insight into the Tour of Britain cycling event which is returning to the county later this year.
And the winner in a business card draw at the lunchtime event, taking place at Newmarket Rowley Mile Racecourse on Wednesday, July 12, will be able to get close-up to the action when the tour reaches Suffolk on September 8.
Speakers at the event will include Alastair Grant, commercial director at the SweetSpot Group, who has played an integral part in the development the Tour of Britain event and will provide an update on how businesses can be involved.
Andy Wood, chief executive of Southwold-based Adnams, which is principal partner for the East Anglia stage of the Tour of Britain, will share his thoughts on why the event is important to businesses in the local community.
And the line-up of speakers will be completed by Ciaran Nelson, head of strategic communications at Anglian Water, who will talk about the company’s efforts to put customer opinions at the heart of its business plans.
First prize in a business card draw at the event will be two VIP breakfast club places at the start of the Suffolk stage (stage six) of the 2017 OVO energy Tour of Britain in Newmarket on September 8.
The guests will receive a complementary breakfast in a prime location on the start line to witness the pre-race interviews and see the event get underway.
- 1 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 2 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 6 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 7 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 8 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
A second prize in the draw offers two places on the stage six “media ride” between Eye and Framlingham, taking place on August 15, with refreshments at the start and finish.
The ride will be supported by a police motorcycle escort, official Tour of Britain race cars and riders from an official cycling team, providing an opportunity to experience what it is like to be part of the peloton.
The other partners involved in bringing the Tour of Britain to Suffolk are Suffolk County Council and Suffolk Coastal District Council, working in partnership with SweetSpot, the event manager for the tour, and other local borough and district councils.
For further details on the networking lunch and to book a place, visit www.suffolkchamber.co.uk/events-networking/suffolk-chamber-events/’tour-of-britain-2017’-suffolk-chamber-july-networking-lunch.
Matthew Darroch-Thompson, chairman of Suffolk Chamber in Newmarket & District, said: “This event will be absolutely first-rate, combining a perfect location for lunch and networking, three great speakers and the chance to win some authentic Tour of Britain experiences, allowing the lucky winners to get really close to the action. It promises to be the business highlight of the year in Newmarket.”