Suffolk: Chamber welcomes Bradley Rowley to regional trade role
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce has welcomed the appointment of an international trade specialist to help businesses across the eastern region play their part in a Government-backed drive to boost UK exports.
British Chambers of Commerce, of which Suffolk Chamber is an accredited member, has teamed up with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) to develop a global network of business-led organisations to provide support for UK exporters.
The aim of the Overseas Business Networks Programme is to offer businesses a seemless link from their local chamber of commerce to fully-accredited British Business Centres overseas.
Bradley Rowley, previously an international trade adviser with UKTI and vice-consul for trade and investment at the British Consulate General in Shanghai, has now been named as regional co-ordinator for the programme in the East of England. He will be based with Suffolk Chamber in Ipswich but will work alongside international trade advisers across the region.
Mr Rowley said: “Developing strong relationships between domestic and overseas networks is our first priority which will provide UK business with a powerful global business support network for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber, said: “One thing that remains absolutely clear is the priority that must be attached to boosting our bilateral trade and investment and I am delighted to welcome Bradley, who brings impressive international trade experience.”
And he added: “Bradley will be developing a much needed integrated global business support network with chambers of commerce, UKTI and LEPs, focused on delivering quality services and maintaining high quality customer relations so that companies can see solid and sustained progress in their overseas markets.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire