Chef launches new gourmet burger kit delivery business
- Credit: Fan Johnson
Fancy cooking up your own gourmet burger? A new business being launched in Woodbridge will deliver burger kits to your door.
H&C Burgers is being launched this week by Richard Johnson, who runs Peanut Parties together with wife Fan.
The first burger kits will be delivered from Thursday, February 4, helping people to enjoy a restaurant-style burger at home during lockdown.
He said: "It's something quite new - I don't think many people are doing it.
"We decided to call it H&C burgers after our twin daughters, Holly and Charlotte, who are three."
The twins are too young to understand that the business is called after them, but Mr Johnson said they have enjoyed trying some small pieces of burger.
He said the all-in-one "ultimate burger kits" contain all the ingredients needed to prepare a gourmet burger in under 15 minutes, including special seasoning. The ingredients are all locally sourced.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 3 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 4 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 5 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 6 A134 to close for resurfacing works taking drivers on 4-mile diversion
- 7 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 8 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 9 Owner on 'sad' decision to close popular restaurant
- 10 'We've got to aim for the stars' - New boss Cook on his Ipswich Town ambitions
The burgers initially available are quarter pounders, quarter pounders with cheese, breaded halloumi burgers and vegan burgers, as well as various extras including hand-cut chips with Cajun and herb seasoning.
Delivery is free within a 12-mile radius of Woodbridge, including most of Ipswich as well as Felixstowe, Kesgrave and Martlesham.
For more details, visit the website or visit @HCBurgersuk on Facebook.