Suffolk Coast DMO to highlight its promotion plans to Waveney businesses
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk Coast Destination Management Organisation (DMO) is to launch its tourism strategy to businesses from the Lowestoft area later the month.
The DMO, which promotes tourism along the Suffolk coastline, is staging an event at the Claremont Pier in Lowesoft on June 29 as a platform for firms to find out more about its plans.
“From Lowestoft to Felixstowe, we have an outstanding tourism destination along the entire length of the Suffolk coast,” said Tim Rowan-Robinson, chairman of the DMO.
“The key to making it successful is to promote the area to new audiences and ensure we all work together to get our message across.
“The Lowestoft and Waveney area is a strong part of our destination offering, especially for families. We want to ensure that the strategy isn’t just focused on the same areas, but it talks to a broad range of businesses and different types of consumers about what a great destination we’ve got.
“Thanks to the funding we received from both the BIS Flood Fund and the Coastal Communities Fund earlier in the year, we have a unique opportunity to develop and promote the area and we want this event to be a platform for us to engage with new members and set out our plans for the marketing activity and update on current projects.”
Waveney District Council is supporting the DMO and is contributing £20,000 to its development. Michael Ladd, the council’s cabinet member for tourism and economic development, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us to tell the story of the Suffolk Coast to the nation and beyond and we are delighted to be playing a role in efforts to boost the local tourism economy.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 8 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 9 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 10 Great Suffolk car-making dream to be relived as Strada 4-88 comes home to show
“Thousands of jobs in Waveney depend on visitor numbers and the Suffolk Coast DMO will harness the abilities of key partners for the benefit of our businesses and communities.”
The Suffolk Coast DMO is a private sector led organisation, working with Suffolk Coastal and Waveney district councils, dedicated to promoting, enhancing and sustaining the unique tourism offer to visitors on the Suffolk Coast. Any business can become a part of the future for tourism by becoming a member of the Suffolk Coast Ltd DMO.
To register for a free place at the event or to learn more about the DMO, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Annie on 01394 410506 or visit www.thesuffolkcoast.co.uk .