Suffolk Coast DMO to highlight its promotion plans to Waveney businesses
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk Coast Destination Management Organisation (DMO) is to launch its tourism strategy to businesses from the Lowestoft area later the month.
The DMO, which promotes tourism along the Suffolk coastline, is staging an event at the Claremont Pier in Lowesoft on June 29 as a platform for firms to find out more about its plans.
“From Lowestoft to Felixstowe, we have an outstanding tourism destination along the entire length of the Suffolk coast,” said Tim Rowan-Robinson, chairman of the DMO.
“The key to making it successful is to promote the area to new audiences and ensure we all work together to get our message across.
“The Lowestoft and Waveney area is a strong part of our destination offering, especially for families. We want to ensure that the strategy isn’t just focused on the same areas, but it talks to a broad range of businesses and different types of consumers about what a great destination we’ve got.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the funding we received from both the BIS Flood Fund and the Coastal Communities Fund earlier in the year, we have a unique opportunity to develop and promote the area and we want this event to be a platform for us to engage with new members and set out our plans for the marketing activity and update on current projects.”
Waveney District Council is supporting the DMO and is contributing £20,000 to its development. Michael Ladd, the council’s cabinet member for tourism and economic development, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us to tell the story of the Suffolk Coast to the nation and beyond and we are delighted to be playing a role in efforts to boost the local tourism economy.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
“Thousands of jobs in Waveney depend on visitor numbers and the Suffolk Coast DMO will harness the abilities of key partners for the benefit of our businesses and communities.”
The Suffolk Coast DMO is a private sector led organisation, working with Suffolk Coastal and Waveney district councils, dedicated to promoting, enhancing and sustaining the unique tourism offer to visitors on the Suffolk Coast. Any business can become a part of the future for tourism by becoming a member of the Suffolk Coast Ltd DMO.
To register for a free place at the event or to learn more about the DMO, email email@example.com, call Annie on 01394 410506 or visit www.thesuffolkcoast.co.uk .