Suffolk Coast tourism body to unveil plans for year-round trade boost
- Credit: Archant
Tourism businesses throughout east Suffolk are being invited to hear about plans to boost the coastal area’s visitor economy all year round.
The Suffolk Coast Destination Management Organisation (DMO) is staging its annual conference on Tuesday, May 17, with the event free to attend for all local tourism-related businesses and organisations.
Alongside a review of its work and progress so far, the DMO will be outlining how it plans to drive growth in the tourism trade throughout the year.
Tim Rowan-Robinson, who chairs the organisation, said: “We are committed to improving out of season trade and working hard to get our local businesses noticed.
“This conference is an opportunity for local tourism businesses and organisations to come together and see how the DMO is striving to make the Suffolk Coast a tourism hot spot.”
You may also want to watch:
Speakers will include Alex Paul from Gough Hotels and Victoria Savory of Adnams, on how the DMO supports its members, and Pete Joyner of Shorthose Russell, who will give an update on the DMO’s “Perfectly Seasoned” promotional campaign.
There will also be a discussion between Harry Young of Aldeburgh Music and Simon Amstutz from the Suffolk Coast & Heath AONB on product and infrastructure development.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents
The conference is being held at Aldeburgh Music’s Snape Maltings complex and will run from 9.30am to noon. To register attendance, visit www.thesuffolkcoast.co.uk/things-to-do/events/ .