Suffolk: Coffee firm Paddy & Scott’s nominated for Accelerate 250 listing
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK-based coffee specialist Paddy & Scott’s has been nominated for Accelerate 250, a listing of the UK’s top up-and-coming companies which are leading the way in terms of growth and job creation.
The selection process for Accelerate 250 is led by Lord Young, the Prime Minister’s enterprise adviser, and Sir Terry Leahy, formerly chief executive of Tesco.
It aims to recognise businesses which are bucking the economic trend and already demonstrating rapid growth ahead of a more general up-turn in the economy, alongside potential for further expansion in future.
Paddy & Scott’s, based at Earl Soham, near Framlingham, supplies artisan slow roasted coffee to some of the UK’s leading hotels and restaurants as well as top-notich cafés and a number of corporate headquarters.
Scott Russell, who co-founded the company together with Paddy Bishopp, said: “It’s jolly good stuff – slow roasted, packaged with love and savoured by coffee-lovers across the globe.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re honoured to be selected as one of the most dynamic companies in the UK.
“From something that started as a shared passion between two friends hand roasting coffee for fun in a garage on a second-hand two-kilo roaster called ‘Old Smokey’ we’ve really come a long way,” he said.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
Mr Russell added that he would like to thank private banking firm Coutts & Co for nominating Paddy & Scott’s for the accolade.
The full line-up of firms selected for membership of Accerlate 250 will be revealed on June 27 at a an Accelerate 2013 event to be held in Liverpool.