Suffolk: Coffee firm Paddy & Scott’s nominated for Accelerate 250 listing
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK-based coffee specialist Paddy & Scott’s has been nominated for Accelerate 250, a listing of the UK’s top up-and-coming companies which are leading the way in terms of growth and job creation.
The selection process for Accelerate 250 is led by Lord Young, the Prime Minister’s enterprise adviser, and Sir Terry Leahy, formerly chief executive of Tesco.
It aims to recognise businesses which are bucking the economic trend and already demonstrating rapid growth ahead of a more general up-turn in the economy, alongside potential for further expansion in future.
Paddy & Scott’s, based at Earl Soham, near Framlingham, supplies artisan slow roasted coffee to some of the UK’s leading hotels and restaurants as well as top-notich cafés and a number of corporate headquarters.
Scott Russell, who co-founded the company together with Paddy Bishopp, said: “It’s jolly good stuff – slow roasted, packaged with love and savoured by coffee-lovers across the globe.
“We’re honoured to be selected as one of the most dynamic companies in the UK.
“From something that started as a shared passion between two friends hand roasting coffee for fun in a garage on a second-hand two-kilo roaster called ‘Old Smokey’ we’ve really come a long way,” he said.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 6 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 7 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 8 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 9 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 10 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
Mr Russell added that he would like to thank private banking firm Coutts & Co for nominating Paddy & Scott’s for the accolade.
The full line-up of firms selected for membership of Accerlate 250 will be revealed on June 27 at a an Accelerate 2013 event to be held in Liverpool.