Suffolk/ Essex: EDF Energy and Suffolk Chamber renew support for EADT Business Awards
EDF Energy and Suffolk Chamber of Commerce have again teamed up as joint main sponsors of the East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards for 2013.
The two organisations have been working together for nearly two years to get businesses in the region ready to take advantage of the opportunities represented by EDF’s plans for a new generation nuclear power station on the Suffolk coast at Sizewell, alongside its Sizewell B plant.
Both are long-standing supporters of the EADT’s annual business awards, and joined forces for the first time as main sponsors of the 2012 awards which took place in July.
John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, said: “During this challenging economic time, firms across the east are working harder than ever and finding new markets to enter into.
“That is why recognising and celebrating the success, enterprise and excellence from across the region is more important than ever. For this reason, we are delighted to be partnering with EDF as the headline sponsor for the East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards 2013.”
Tom McGarry, EDF Energy communications manager said: “EDF Energy is delighted to support the East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards alongside Suffolk Chamber of Commerce for the second year running. This annual prestigious event recognises the talent and enterprise of our business community.
“Our Sizewell B power station is a major local employer in Suffolk. We are very active in the local supply chain and contribute �30million into the local economy every year.”
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 5 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 8 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 9 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 10 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
He added: “We are currently consulting local people, councils, community groups and businesses on proposals for a new nuclear power station, Sizewell C.
“A new nuclear power station at Sizewell would bring a welcome boost to the local and regional economy and support employment, skills, economic and wider community benefits to Suffolk as a whole.
“This is a long-term project and the opportunities are likely to be equally long term for those companies who take advantage of them.”
: : Businesses keen to be involved in the Sizewell C project should visit www.sizewellcsupplychain.co.uk to register their interest.
: : Full details of the 2013 East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards, including the line-up of categories and how to enter, will be published in the New Year. For sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .