Suffolk firms Cooper Lomaz and Bauder among Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For
- Credit: Jason Bye
East Anglian recruitment firm Cooper Lomaz has been ranked 22nd in a listing of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to Work For.
Cooper Lomaz, which has offices in Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft and Norwich, expanded its workforce from 44 to 65 last year, during which it generated turnover of more than £14million.
The annual listing, produced by The Sunday Times, is open to businesses with up to 250 employees, with the overall rankings based on companies’ scores in an anonymous staff survey covering eight areas such as leadership, management and personal growth.
Cooper Lomaz was ranked 10th for management, 15th for both team relationships and opportunities for personal career development and 17th for pay and benefit satisfaction.
Mark Fletcher, operations director, said: “It’s the best award we have ever been given as a business. It is a great endorsement of how much effort everyone at Cooper Lomaz puts in to making this a fantastic place to work.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s lovely to get that external recognition of our team-centred ethos,” he added. “We are thrilled by the way everyone helps each another and takes great care to support new staff, assisting them with training and their understanding of the job.”
Also included in the new listing, in 75th place, is Ipswich-based roofing materials company Bauder, which has a workforce of 122 and annual turnover of £40m.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence