Suffolk logistics company Dooley Rumble acquired by Cambridge-based James Dolan group
Cambridge-based logistics group James Dolan has made its second acquisition in Suffolk in 18 months with the purchase of Dooley Rumble.
The deal, the value of which has not been disclosed, follows James Dolan’s acquisition last year of Ipswich-based haulier Green & Skinner, which will now relocate to the Dooley Rumble site.
Dooley Rumble, which provides distribution, warehousing, freight forwarding, customs clearance and export packing and case making services, celebrated its 30th anniversary earlier this year.
Co-founders Neil Dooley and Simon Rumble both began their careers with shipping company Geest in Felixstowe before deciding to launch their own business.
It was initially based in a small portable cabin in Felixstowe and later occupied warehouses in Great Blakenham and Ipswich before moving to a purpose-built headquarters on its current site on the Claydon Business Park in 1999.
You may also want to watch:
James Dolan Logistics, which offers a range of same-day and overnight courier services, plus haulage, warehousing, fulfilment and air and sea freight forwarding, was supported in the Dooley Rumble transaction by chartered accountants Ensors and law firm Pennington Manches.
The enlarged group, which acquired Green & Skinner in April 2016 from Michael and Richard Skinner whose father, Joe, co-founded the business with William Green in 1959, will have an annual turnover of more than £10m.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 7 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 8 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
Group founder James Dolan said: “I am proud to have secured two of the most iconic logistics companies in the region. These acquisitions are a very positive move for the group, and we are looking forward to the opportunities and benefits they will bring. The expertise of each company complements each other well, and by bringing the two together we can expand our capabilities and resources to benefit our customers.
“Green & Skinner will move over to the larger Dooley
Rumble site as soon as possible under the guidance of the group operations director, Ian Madgwick. Personally, I am looking forward to the future and I am positive everyone will flourish and help build a successful group of companies, that we can all be proud of.”