Suffolk meat firm celebrates deal to supply retail giant with three varieties of sausages
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk meat firm is celebrating after clinching a deal to sell three varieties of its sausages to a national retail chain.
Asda will be the only retailer to sell the C&K Traditional Pork Sausage – along with two other of the meat supplier’s products – and they will be stocked at more than 20 supermarkets across the UK.
Brothers Kevin and Chris Burrows established their award-winning firm, C & K Meats, in 1994, following a family butchery tradition stretching back more than 200 years.
The firm started in Earsham, near Bungay, but moved to a state of the art factory at Eye in 2010, where the brothers also run a multi-species abattoir.
The family business has won a number of accolades and accreditations, including an RSPCA Assured certification, and was runner-up for the overall Business of the Year title at this year’s East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards
It sources its meats from selected breeds from local farmers to produce fine beef, pork and lamb and prides itself on full farm to plate traceability, with the whole process taking place in-house.
The business now employs 100 people and produces around 100,000kg of sausage meat every year.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 8 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
Chris said: “It has been a very exciting time for us here recently at C&K Meats.
“We are thrilled to be launching in Asda stores and as an established meat producer, have been really impressed with Asda’s commitment to supporting local suppliers.
“From the beginning, we at C&K Meats knew that excellence and quality of process and product would be paramount to our success and delighting customers.
“We are driven by our desire to provide only the finest quality, in East Anglia and beyond.”
The firm is a member of various animal welfare initiatives, including Red Tractor Pork Scheme, Freedom Food and Soil Association.
Among the three sausage varieties to gain a place on Asda shelves are its traditional pork, which uses locally-sourced port mixed with herds and spices filled into natural pork castings.
Its Country Style Pork Sausage has also been selected. This is made from rubbed herbs which give it a rustic look and flavour, with sage oregano, marjoram, pepper, coriander and ginger.
The third sausage is a caramelised red onion pork sausage, which includes sage and other herbs.