Suffolk millwright vying for Britain’s Top Tradesperson title
- Credit: Screwfix
A Suffolk millwright is vying for the title of “Britain’s top tradesperson” after attending a regional head-to-head against four rivals.
Tim Whiting, from Saxmundham, attended the regional heat at Thetford’s Screwfix store on Monday – and will find out whether he has made the national final next month.
Trading as Suffolk Millwright, Mr Whiting, 36, said he had the determination, passion and attitude to help him win the prestigious title and a new Mitsubishi L200 Warrior pick-up truck, worth £33,000.
“It’s incredibly rewarding to be recognised for the hard work that I put in, and I’m determined to show my dedication to the trade and my customers,” he added.
Mr Wright is one of only 12 professional millwrights in the UK, working across the country to restore some of the UK’s historic windmills.
Britain’s Top Tradesperson is Screwfix’s search for the best builders, plumbers, electricians and more.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR