Suffolk/Norfolk: Coach firm Galloway acquires part of Chenery Travel
SUFFOLK coach firm Galloway has acquired the concerts programme and day excursions business of Norfolk-based Chenery Travel.
Galloway, based at Mendlesham, near Stowmarket, will operate the business as Chenery Live Ltd, with staff at the Norfolk firm’s office in Castle Meadow, Norwich, transferring to the new company.
Chenery will continue to run its coach hire business separately, as R W Chenery, but will continue to work closely with the “Live” business.
John (“Bernie”) Miles, commercial director at Galloway Travel Group, said the move would allow the company to offer concert trips to Suffolk customers, which have been a Chenery specialism, while also expanding Galloway’s holiday travel business into Norfolk.
“We are going to take that business to Norwich,” Mr Miles said. “Traditionally we haven’t done concerts and we are going to extend that into Suffolk. We are working well together and they will be doing the vast majority of coaches for us from Norfolk to concerts. The existing staff are staying on.
You may also want to watch:
“The majority of departures will still use Chenery coaches and drivers with their recognised excellent standards.”
Set up in 1964. Galloway has a �10m-a-year turnover and a fleet of around 50 buses and coaches running holiday trips, overseas educational travel and home-to-school transport services.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 7 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 8 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
“Our ambition is to grow the business and bring our holiday business expertise into Norfolk and extend the concert business into Suffolk. It’s a good match and we are not changing the systems or how the business operates,” added Mr Miles.
“In the last couple of years we have been focusing on growing the business in north Essex, but we have left Norfolk and now we are looking to bring our expertise into Norfolk.”