Reindeer set to bring early Christmas cheer to farming family-run Suffolk nursing home
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is set to come alive at a nursing home run by a Suffolk farming family as a reindeer makes a festive appearance.
Stowlangtoft Hall at Bury St Edmunds will hold its Christmas fair on Saturday, November 10, from 2pm to 5pm.
Residents and staff at the home, run by the Catchpole family, have been busy creating festive treats and there are more than 25 stalls lined up for the event, ranging from children’s festive face painting to homemade Christmas crafts. Families are welcome.
The highlight is set to be a visit from Santa Claus with his reindeer.
Home manager Sally Chilvers said: “Being able to secure real reindeer for the event is really the icing on the cake and something the residents at the home are really excited for.”
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free for the event, at Kiln Lane, Stowlangtoft, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 3JY. For more information call 01359 300470.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores