Suffolk: Olympic athlete Derek Redmond to speak at IoD dinner
FORMER Olympic athlete Derek Redmond will be the guest speaker at the Institute of Directors Suffolk Annual Dinner which takes place at the Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa next month.
The dinner, on Thursday, October 18, is one of the highlights of the IoD Suffolk calendar with both members and non-members of the institute welcome and invited to make individual or table bookings.
The theme of the black tie event will be the London 2012 legacy and a reflection of the amazing human stories of achievement. it will include a champagne reception, a three course meal and entertainment.
As one of Britain’s greatest ever 400 metre runners, guest speaker Derek Redmond will offer his perspective to what it takes to set goals, overcome obstacles and succeed.
Derek experienced a heart breaking set back at the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 with a serious hamstring injury half way through his race – but his story and life experience is inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
To book individual tickets (�60 for IoD members and their guests, or �90 for non-members ex VAT) contact Suffolk IoD branch administrator Caroline Kearney. email email@example.com or call 07917 699498. Sponsors of the IoD Suffolk Annual Dinner include Adnams, Barker Gotelee, Ensors, Marshall Jaguar, Quantrills and The Ideas Centre.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan