Suffolk: Orwell Housing Association creates apprenticeship scheme
THE Orwell Housing Association has celebrated the launch of a new in-house repair service and an allied apprenticeship scheme.
Orwell Repairs Service has been launched with the creation of new jobs in management, repairs and administration, together with an apprenticeship scheme for 16- to 25-year-olds.
The apprenticeships will last for three years with the apprentices attending college one day per week to gain a recognised qualification.
“We have been in consultation with our tenants for the past year, finding out how best to improve the housing repair service currently offered,” said Stephen Javes, chief executive at Orwell Housing.
“ We are absolutely delighted that the service has finally taken shape, with the team all in place and ready to offer a dedicated repair service to our valued tenants.”
The new repair service offers a dedicated appointment system six days a week and is being delivered by local people. The association has not only created jobs but also invested in new vans and equipment.
Mr Javes added: “As a local housing association we are committed to investing in our local community and providing employment and training opportunities to young people.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
“It is particularly gratifying to see that we’ve been able to grow our business here in Suffolk in spite of the challenging economic conditions, with the creation of new jobs.
“We’re very proud of our decision to launch our new service and we look forward to providing an excellent service to all our tenants.”