Suffolk preserves maker Mrs Bennett’s secures twin listing with M&S
- Credit: Archant
An artisan preserves maker based near Sudbury has achieved a double listing with Marks & Spencer.
Mrs Bennett’s Pickles & Chutneys, run by Keeley Bennett from Polstead, is to supply M&S with both its Pear and Walnut Chutney and its Onion Marmalade.
The two lines have been selected by M&S for a new spring line-up, and will be availble in its stores from April 7.
Keeley Bennett, who established the business in 2011, said: “We are delighted that two of our products have been selected by Marks & Spencer for its new spring range.
“This is our first national listing and it’s great to be spreading our wings with one of the nation’s favourite retailers.”
She says the Pear and Walnut Chutney was inspired by the rich fruit available in her Suffolk garden while the soft and sticky Onion Marmalade is based on a secret recipes handed down from her great-grandmother.
Mrs Bennett’s currently produces a range of eight pickles and chutneys, showcasing a mixture of traditional recipes developed over four generations as well as modern classics.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 4 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 5 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 6 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 7 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 8 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 9 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 10 Ex-Town striker Pitman drops down five levels to sign for new club
Other flavours produced by the company include Piccalilli, Chilli Jam, Tomato and Garlic Relish, Apple and Ginger Chutney, Festive Chutney and Plum and Port Chutney.
The Pear and Walnut Chutney and Onion Marmalade are exclusive to Marks & Spencer in 220g jars, with a retail price of £4.
The wider Mrs Bennett’s range is available from a varieity of farm shops and independent retailers across East Anglia.