Suffolk preserves maker Mrs Bennett’s secures twin listing with M&S
- Credit: Archant
An artisan preserves maker based near Sudbury has achieved a double listing with Marks & Spencer.
Mrs Bennett’s Pickles & Chutneys, run by Keeley Bennett from Polstead, is to supply M&S with both its Pear and Walnut Chutney and its Onion Marmalade.
The two lines have been selected by M&S for a new spring line-up, and will be availble in its stores from April 7.
Keeley Bennett, who established the business in 2011, said: “We are delighted that two of our products have been selected by Marks & Spencer for its new spring range.
“This is our first national listing and it’s great to be spreading our wings with one of the nation’s favourite retailers.”
You may also want to watch:
She says the Pear and Walnut Chutney was inspired by the rich fruit available in her Suffolk garden while the soft and sticky Onion Marmalade is based on a secret recipes handed down from her great-grandmother.
Mrs Bennett’s currently produces a range of eight pickles and chutneys, showcasing a mixture of traditional recipes developed over four generations as well as modern classics.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
Other flavours produced by the company include Piccalilli, Chilli Jam, Tomato and Garlic Relish, Apple and Ginger Chutney, Festive Chutney and Plum and Port Chutney.
The Pear and Walnut Chutney and Onion Marmalade are exclusive to Marks & Spencer in 220g jars, with a retail price of £4.
The wider Mrs Bennett’s range is available from a varieity of farm shops and independent retailers across East Anglia.