7 pubs up for sale in Suffolk right now
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Covid lockdown rules have eased and punters have returned to Suffolk pubs this summer - but have you ever thought about owning one yourself?
Swan and Hedgehog, Ipswich
The Ipswich town centre pub is just steps away from the Cornhill and is well-known for hosting live music.
It was one of the venues that Ed Sheeran played at as he made his name in the Suffolk scene before propelling to international stardom.
The pub is currently rented out on a lease expiring in 2034, but the freehold of the property can be purchased for £575,000.
You may also want to watch:
This grade II-listed pub dates back to the 16th century and was extended to the rear in the 2000s.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
The pub is set on a one-acre plot of land in the small village just north of Ipswich.
It is up for sale with an asking price of £650,000.
The east Suffolk pub closed its doors for the final time on Christmas Eve 2019 - only three years after a major refurbishment.
Earlier this year, plans to convert the Swan into a home were submitted to East Suffolk Council.
But the freehold of the village pub has also been put on the market for £325,000.
Another pub found near Ipswich town centre, this Irish-themed venue in Tacket Street is listed for sale.
The Shamrock opened under its current name in 2015, having previously been Ollie's Bar and a restaurant.
Offers in excess of £495,000 will be entertained for the freehold of the property.
Cock Inn, Clare
This pub in Suffolk's smallest town was closed last year as the landlords opted to take over the reins of another venue in Pentlow.
The Cock Inn is found opposite the church in the town and has a large open-plan lounge bar area.
It is on the market with an asking price of £425,000.
The Railway, a former music venue, closed its doors last year due to uncertainties caused by the Covid pandemic.
In years gone by the pub made its name as one of the busiest live music venues in Ipswich, hosting acts such as Status Quo and Big Country.
The Foxhall Road pub is now on the market for £345,000.
The landlords of the pub near Ipswich called final orders for the last time at the end of 2020 as it was one of many venues hit by Covid.
A new landlord was appointed by Punch Pubs, the property's owner, but it is now listed for sale.
The freehold of the Ipswich Road pub will set buyers back £500,000.