Suffolk Show 2016: Tickets on sale as we start the 100-day countdown
With just 100 days to go until the Suffolk Show opens, organisers are gearing up for another spectacular year at the most hotly-anticipated event in the county’s calendar.
This year’s show, which is now in its 176th year, takes place on Wednesday, June 1, and Thursday, June 2, at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
As Suffolk’s largest two-day visitor experience, the show is a unique celebration of everything that makes the county great and showcases the best of Suffolk’s food and drink and agricultural heritage, coupled with being a great day out for families.
Show organisers, the Suffolk Agricultural Association (SAA), have a number of exciting new features in the pipeline for 2016 which will be part of an action-packed programme across the two-day event.
Highlights include exciting displays from motorcycle display team the Bold Dog Lings, Titan the Robot and firm family favourites like the Shetland Grand National.
You may also want to watch:
Show director Bill Baker said: “We’re really excited about this year’s Suffolk Show – without a doubt it is Suffolk’s biggest day out and is a great event for families and residents from across Suffolk, and further afield, to visit.
“Every year we want to make sure there’s something new and exciting for visitors to enjoy and this year’s Suffolk Show truly promises to be a great couple of days with thousands of things to see and do.”
- 1 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 10 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
Popular attractions such as the Sports Village will be returning to the Suffolk Show for 2016, where visitors of all ages have chance to try more than 50 different sports for free.
People will have the opportunity to admire vintage tractors, have a go on old fashioned fairground rides and enjoy an unrivalled shopping experience which cannot be found on the High Street.
The many animal attractions are also set to draw in the crowds this year. As well as international show jumping, the traditional livestock competitions will allow show goers to see some of the county’s best rare breeds – including Red Poll cattle, Suffolk sheep and Suffolk Punch horses – and hundreds of other pigs, cattle, horses, rabbits and goats up close.
The Suffolk Show is run and managed by the Suffolk Agricultural Association.
As a charity, the SAA’s core purpose is to promote the importance of food, farming and the countryside to the economy and character of Suffolk through the Suffolk Show itself and a series of education programmes aimed at young people in schools and colleges.
Tickets for this year’s show are now on sale – save £6 per ticket by purchasing in advance.
Advance tickets cost £21 and prices have been held at last year’s rate, while children aged under 15 will once again receive free entry.
For more information visit www.suffolkshow.co.uk