Suffolk Show 2019: See the newest designs in Elmer’s Big Parade Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The start of Elmer’s Big Parade Suffolk is a step closer as a herd of “young Elmers” were revealed at the 2019 Suffolk Show.
On Saturday, June 15 all 55 large Elmer sculptures will be installed in the streets and open spaces of Ipswich town centre and the Waterfront, along with 84 young Elmers.
The smaller sculptures are Elmer's Learning Herd, due to appear in 11 spots in Ipswich - all designed by schools and groups of young people.
Each one has raised £750 for St Elizabeth Hospice already and when fundraising finishes later in 2019, the group which has raised the most money will win their very own full size Elmer to decorate.
Norman Lloyd, campaign manager for Elmer's Big Parade Suffolk, said: "We are so excited to be able to actually start sharing the fruits of two years hard work with the public - and where better to do it than at the county show itself."
You may also want to watch:
"We are thrilled with our parade maps and brand new Learning Herd Guides and we hope you will all love them too."
There is a suggested donation of £1 for the Learning Herd Guide and map.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day