Suffolk sprayer operator Nick Light receives plaudits in national competition
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk sprayer operator Nick Light has finished among the regional winners in the Syngenta Farm Sprayer Operator of the Year (FSOOTY) competition for 2015.
Mr Light, who works for E J Barker & Sons at Lodge Farm, Westhorpe, near Stowmarket, demonstrated his high levels of skills and practical knowledge of safe and effective spraying techniques.
Working across 600 hectares of combinable cropping, including linseed and grass seed, Mr Light has continued to hone his experience over recent years.
He was also praised for his use of social media and developing links with other professional operators to share their understanding and expertise.
Presenting the awards, Syngenta application specialist Ben Magri said: “The FSOOTY Awards judge all aspects of farm spraying to identify the very best operators across the UK.
“Nick has shown outstanding skills and works to very high standards to achieve the best possible results. He has proved a worthy winner by demonstrating that best practice can deliver efficient, cost effective and, above all, safe crop spraying.
“Syngenta recognises that the skills of the sprayer operator are paramount in achieving the full potential from all our crop protection products,” he added.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 3 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 4 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 5 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 6 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 7 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 8 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 9 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
The national final of the competition, featuring eight regional winners in all, was held at the International Sprays & Sprayers Event, held alonside Cereals 2015 at Boothby Graffoe, near Lincoln, with John Martin of Deverel Farm, Milbourne St Andrew, near Blandford in Dorset, being named overall winner.