Suffolk start-up business LOWTOXBOX hopes to inspire people to ‘live a greener, more eco-conscious life’.
- Credit: Archant
A start-up company from Bury St Edmunds is hoping to introduce customers to a host of natural and ethical products through its new subscription service.
The business called LOWTOXBOX provides a monthly delivery of eight handpicked items, such as natural skin care products, healthy foods and snacks, and organic cleaning products. Every month, subscribers will a receive a set of different products. Customers can subscribe for a whole year or buy a single box for a gift. If they like a particular item they can order more of it from the LOWTOXBOX website.
The woman behind the business is director Lucy McGoogan, who says she wants to “inspire, educate and empower” people to “live a greener, more eco-conscious life”.
She added: “We only source from ethical suppliers whose business practices do not harm people, animals or the planet. Sourcing Fairtrade, organic, natural, eco-friendly, cruelty-free products from large well-known companies to small independent brands and delivering them right to your door.”
Ms McGoogan became interested in natural products after she struggled to find a remedy for a skin complaint. After different medical shampoos proved ineffective she found herself looking into alternative natural shampoos, which cleared up her problem.
You may also want to watch:
This led her to research other natural products and she compiled a database of things to try from skincare to cleaning products, all the way through to the food she was eating.
She said: “After friends and family took an interest, I felt there was a definite need for an easier way to discover how to eliminate nasties from our daily routine, to live an all-round cleaner, healthier more sustainable lifestyle, and what better way than to have the hard work done for you with the products shipped right to your front door each month.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
LOWTOXBOX was officially launched earlier this month at The Green Organisation’s Green Apple Awards, held at The Houses of Parliament in London, where Ms McGoogan was invited to present the awards, as well as supply all 200 attendees with taster samples from the LOWTOXBOX goodie boxes.