Suffolk: Two champion cows reign supreme at Livestock 2012
CATTLE bred in Suffolk made it to the supreme interbreed championship at the prestigious Livestock 2012 event at the NEC in Birmingham earlier this month.
Jason Salisbury of Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses in Coddenham, was delighted after his senior cow, Wellingham Lillywhite 35, by Shalford Teak and out of a Wellingham bred dam, took the Guernsey breed title.
Meanwhile, a Frisian heifer in milk by Oakalby Rebel, from ES Burroughs and Son, Oaklands Farm, Aldeby, Beccles, took the supreme Frisian award.
The event, which took place on September 4 and 5, is a prestigious livestock industry show, formerly The Dairy Event and Livestock Show, which is organised by RABDF, and is the leading event for the livestock sector in the UK.
It attracts more than 16,000 visitors a year and presents a unique opportunity for farmers, herdsmen, consultants, processors and retailers from all over the world to see the best dairy livestock, equipment, products and services available in the UK market.
You may also want to watch:
“It just goes to show that we might not have the cows numbers in the East, but we certainly have the quality,” said Jason.
The winners in the Livestock 2012 Supreme Interbreed Champion were:
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
1st Ayrshire Sandyford Clover 10 owned by E T Tomlinson
2nd Jersey Trecanda Vindication Lily owned by S & S Murray
3rd Holstein Blythbridge Elegant Christabel owned by Blyth Farms
4th Dairy Shorthorn Churchroyd Bronte Wildeyes 31 owned by I R G Collins & Partners
5th Brown Swiss Moonriver Etvei Jemma owned by E Bruce & R Darlington
6th British Friesian Oakalby Vienna Sheila owned by E S Burroughs & son
7th Guernsey Wellingham Lillywhite 35 owned by J A & K E Salisbury