Suffolk Young Farmers’ Country Fair
A world record attempt was on the cards as young farmers across Suffolk got together at an annual country fair.
Easton Farm Park hosted Suffolk Young Farmers’ Country Fair today, which hosted plenty of agricultural goings on for families.
During the day there was an attempt to break the record for the most number of people dancing to The Gap Band’s Oops Upside Your Head.
Country organiser Tory Lugsden said: “I think we’ve broken the world record.
“We had 277 people – the previous was 257 so we should have beaten it but quite a long way.”
You may also want to watch:
The bid has to be verified before it becomes official.
Children and their parents also enjoyed trying and buying local food and drink, taking a look at vintage machinery and doing some hands-on farming.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
Mrs Lugsden said: “It was an incredible day, I reckon we had around 3,000 people through the gate.
We had a little sprinkle of rain as we were finishing up but otherwise there was beautiful sunshine all day.
“Thanks to everyone who supported us – it’s beyond our wildest dreams.”
There was also a horse show and dog show during the day of events.
For more information on Suffolk Young Farmers visit www.suffolkyoungfarmers.com