Summer cycling event to start and finish at Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Sponsors are aiming to have 1,000 cyclists taking part in the Crafted Classique sportive which is returning to Ipswich Waterfront this summer.
Following the huge success of previous years, organisers have revealed this year’s date for one of the most highly anticipated cycling sportives to be held in East Anglia.
Sponsored again by leading digital agency Crafted, the third annual Classique sportive will take place on Saturday, August 13.
Riders will get to choose from three separate routes, differing to suit a range of abilities, all of which will see them set out into the Suffolk countryside.
Last year, more than 700 riders got on their bikes and pedalled either the shorter 55km route, the popular 100km or the challenging 100 mile routes. This year organisers have set their sights on another challenging target.
Ian Miller from Crafted said: “We are proud to once again be headline sponsors of the Crafted Classique and hope that the sportive is going to attract cyclists in their hundreds.
“We’d love to hit the magical 1,000 rider mark this year, which is why we have decided to continue to offer the shorter 55km route which is more achievable for those who may not be experienced cyclists. We want the event to appeal to a range of cyclists and hope that Ipswich playing centre stage to the likes of the Sky Ride, the Aviva Women’s Tour and Tour of Britain in 2015 and 2016 being an Olympic year, will inspire people to get on their bike and give it a try.”
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 8 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 Man allegedly four times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
The event is again supported by a raft of local business including Elmy Cycles providing mechanical and mobile support, Allied Health Professionals offering free post cycle massages and Cult Café hosting the hog roast and entertainment alongside Aspall Cyder joining this year to provide refreshments.
Ipswich Borough Council’s sports Manager John Stebbings said: “We are delighted that once again Crafted are sponsoring this sportive as part of Ipswich’s big Cycling Weekend in the summer. The Crafted Classique has established itself as the region’s premier event for riders of all abilities and we are confident that it will again be a big success.”
The event will once again feature faster registration and a rolling start. With three picturesque routes through the Suffolk countryside, all of which starting from the historic Neptune Marina on the Ipswich waterfront.
Those who take part to choose routes of 100miles, 100km or 55km taking in places like Aldeburgh, Wickham Market, Orford, Martlesham and Newbourn.