East Anglian water firm rated ‘best place to work’ by staff
- Credit: Archant
Water and sewage firm Anglian Water, which operates across the East of England and Hartlepool, has been rated the best place to work in a survey of staff.
Employees praised the “positive culture” at the company, which is based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, in an anonymous survey by jobs site Glassdoor.
Winning companies offered flexible working, a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and investment in training.
Employees said of Anglian: “The workforce is clearly proud, passionate and really cares about the work they do, which results in a really positive culture and working environment.
“A company truly dedicated to putting customers at the heart of everything it does, with a strong focus on employee engagement.”
Andrew Chamberlain, of Glassdoor, said: “In today’s tight labour market, jobseekers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to deciding where to work and they want to know the inner workings of a company before accepting a new job.
“For employers, we know that a satisfied and engaged workforce helps drive financial performance.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 10 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
“Glassdoor best places to work winners are strategically investing in company culture, career growth opportunities and more, which also serves as a major recruiting advantage.”
Google, Ikea, InterContinental Hotels, Shell, O2, the BBC, Wagamama and Apple were also named in a list of the 50 best places to work.