Swarm Apprenticeships is searching for young enterprise heroes
- Credit: Archant
Searching for the next generation of entrepreneurs in Ipswich
Swarm Apprenticeships Ltd are bringing their quest to Ipswich to find and support the one in a hundred young people that have that elusive entrepreneurial spark.
Already established in Norfolk, Swarm uses enterprise training to connect young people with attitude to businesses with aspiration.
“These young people too often go unnoticed,” said Robert Ashton, Swarm’s founder.
“University doesn’t appeal and nor does a trade apprenticeship. They often go to, and then drop out of, college and find themselves a job. We liberate them from obscurity and unlock their potential; they’re capable of much more.” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Ashton is a businessman, business mentor and author of best-selling books, and is often known as the Barefoot Entrepreneur.
Swarm are partnering with the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce) and some of their local Fellows who are planning to act as mentors to the young people the quest identifies.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
“We ignore the potential of these bright young people at our peril,” said Peter Clitheroe, RSA Fellowship Councillor for the East of England. “Swarm will open new doors for them, local employers and local RSA Fellows; creating opportunities to use their undeniable potential to build careers, businesses and the local economy.”
Swarm launch their Ipswich quest at the UCS Waterfront Building, on Tuesday March 8.
This free event runs from 4.30pm to 7pm and could be your opportunity to employ the one in a hundred, added Robert.
For more information and to book your free place, www.questforenterpriseheroes.eventbrite.com
• Robert Ashton, Swarm Apprenticeships 01953 609752