Take a sneak peek inside Bury St Edmunds’ new B&M store ahead of opening on Saturday, April 14
A brand new discount store in Bury St Edmunds will open its doors to customers at the weekend with the creation of 60 jobs.
B&M will open on the Western Way Retail Park at 9am on Saturday and staff have been working hard to get the new store ready for customers.
The newly developed store, which will stock a wide variety of products including toys, food and drink, and health and beauty products, has undergone an internal and external refurbishment.
New colleagues at the store were also asked to nominate a local hero who deserves some VIP treatment for the work in the community.
The team from Bury St Edmunds-based charity St Nicholas Hospice Care was chosen and they will take centre stage to officially open the new store on Saturday alongside St Edmundsbury mayor Terry Clements and wife Vivian.
In addition to unveiling the new store, representatives from the charity also received £250 worth of B&M vouchers to thank them for their work in the community.
The charity provides help, advice and support to people who are living with long-term and life-threatening illnesses in west Suffolk and Thetford.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 7 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 8 Man admits sex offences against children dating back to 2005
- 9 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 10 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
Lewis Wilding, store manager, said: “The team from St Nicholas Hospice Care really stood out for us as they go the extra mile for the local community, we wanted to give them some VIP treatment as a thank you for all the hard work they do.
“We hope that our donation can help them to continue the great work they do.
“The new team have been working really hard to get the store ready for opening day, we can’t wait to get the doors open on Saturday and show customers their brand new B&M Western Way.”
B&M is one of the UK’s fastest growing retailers and the store will feature a wide variety of branded products including toys, food and drink, homeware, pet products, health and beauty and seasonal range items.
The opening of B&M follows the opening of The Range at the Western Way Retail Park last month.
Planning consent for the new development, near Asda, was given by St Edmundsbury Borough Council in December 2016, and construction work started in May last year.