Insurance broker invests in Ipswich
- Credit: Photo: Keith Mindham Photography
Gallagher — the insurance broker, risk management specialist and consulting firm — has today opened the doors on a new regional office in Ipswich.
Teams from its existing Ipswich and Feering branches have come together in the larger, fully refurbished premises at 12 Museum Street, from where clients of all size and location will be supported.
Gallagher’s roots in Ipswich date back 40 years to 1978 with particularly impressive levels of business growth enjoyed in recent years.
Over the last four years, the Ipswich teams have grown their revenue organically by nearly 50%, with client retention during that period exceeding 98%.
David Anderson regional managing director at Gallagher said: “We already employ nearly 100 insurance professionals in the East with over 70 in Ipswich alone, so this investment will see Ipswich become an even more important commercial hub for the region, while giving us the space to press ahead with our strategic development plans and create opportunities for future business growth, whether organic or via merger and acquisition activities.
You may also want to watch:
“The move is also part of our commitment to always look at how best to bring together our team capabilities and breadth of expertise for the benefit of our customers. Investing in the creation of a new regional office in Ipswich not only underlines our commitment to the local area but also our commitment to providing on-the-ground expertise and unrivalled specialist insurance and risk management solutions to help firms across the region and beyond protect and grow their businesses.”
The new regional office will manage clients of all sizes and types — from sole traders and small businesses to large corporates, servicing a mix of local, UK and global clients. Key areas of industry specialism and professions looked after by the expanded team in Ipswich include logistics; construction; retail; warehousing (including self storage); automotive, solicitors and hospitality & leisure.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester