Harwich businesses feature at Tendring Jobs Fair
- Credit: TDC
Harwich businesses will feature prominently at this year’s Tendring Jobs and Careers Fair, at Clacton Town Hall on October 2.
Local firms including Surya Foods and Surya Hotels, Galloper Wind Farm and Red 7 Marine, which is expanding its base in Wrabness, along with the Harwich Haven Authority are attending and sponsoring the event.
Also attending is The Pier Hotel, Harwich, part of Milsom’s Hotels and Restaurants.
The Tendring Jobs and Careers Fair is organised by Tendring District Council (TDC) in partnership with the Department for Work and Pensions.
It takes place on October 2 between 10am-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Suki Dulai, chief executive officer at one of the district’s biggest employers – Harwich-based Flying Trade Group – said: “We are delighted to support this fantastic initiative aimed at helping local people find employment and local employers find the people they need to grow their business.
“We employ a large number of people from the local community and are always looking for bright, enthusiastic and talented staff to join our team. Our business covers many categories including building and construction, hotel and leisure, health and beauty, import and exporting, and procurement of ethnic world foods, therefore the range of positions is vast.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
“While our operations extend around the globe, all our businesses are headquartered in the Tendring area – Surya Foods from Harwich, Flying Leisure in Clacton and Surya Hotels in Colchester – all of whom will be represented at the event.”
A free shuttle bus runs from Harwich and Dovercourt to the event and another from Jaywick Sands, and places need to be booked in advance.