Pottery artist and business owner Emma Bridgewater is guest speaker
- Credit: Archant
MENTA’s 11th annual business show will take place this year on Tuesday October 1 at The Apex, Bury St Edmunds.
MENTA’s 11th annual business show for 2019 will be held on Tuesday October 1 at The Apex, Bury St Edmunds.
Last year the show attracted more than 700 people who visited the 70-business exhibitor stands, and 280 people attended the business talks and seminars.
Guest speaker will be successful businessperson, and pottery artist, Emma Bridgewater.
Alex Till, chief executive of MENTA said: “I am pleased to announce, Emma Bridgewater will be our keynote speaker. I’m looking forward to hearing how she has built her well-known brand and the important business lessons she has learnt.”
You may also want to watch:
The popular classic modern pottery artist is famous for her unique and colourful designs.
Her pottery brand has expanded in recent years to designs on glass, tins, picnicware, wallpaper and fabrics. The company has a factory in Stoke on Trent and Emma Bridgewater is based in Norfolk.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
She became a patron and supporter of local children’s charity Break in 2018 after designing a limited-edition hare mug to celebrate Break’s 50th anniversary.
The MENTA Business Show is expected to attract a diverse range of exhibitors representing long standing, established companies as well as innovative, creative start-ups.
The annual event has been sponsored for 11 years by Atkins Thomson Solicitors.
Rob Dellow partner at Atkins Thomson said: “I’m looking forward to meeting with business owners, both exhibitors and visitors and celebrating all that is good about living in, and building a business in the eastern region.”
The MENTA Business Show will be open from 9am until 4.30pm and is free to attend.
Tickets to hear Emma Bridgewater are now on sale. Visit www.menta.org.uk or call MENTA for more details on 01284 760206.
Tickets cost £5 each and £2 from each ticket sold will be donated to the children’s charity Break.