The Crown at Woodbridge to mark ‘Suffolk Day’ with special local menu
- Credit: Archant
Restaurant with rooms The Crown at Woodbridge is to join in celebrating the first “Suffolk Day” on June 21, with dishes featuring the best of the county’s produce.
Vegetables from Virginia Nurseries at Newbourne and Sutton Hoo chicken will be among the ingredients to feature in a special menu being created by head chef Darran Hazelton, which will be available during the week commencing Monday, June 19.
The Crown, part of the TA Hotel Collection group, has just expanded its dining capacity with the launch of a new-look terrace area with tables for up to 48 people, in addition to a smaller, original, area for drinking and socialising which retains lounge and bar-style seating for up to 18 people.
The Crown’s full AA two rosette restaurant lunch and dinner menu will be served at the outdoor tables, with the area including parasols to provide shade during the day and patio heaters and blankets for chillier evenings.
At quieter times, guests will also be welcome to sit and relax over a drink in the dining area.
You may also want to watch:
June 21, the longest day of the year, has been designated Suffolk Day to reflect the county’s position as the most easterly point in the UK, where the sun rises first.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich