The Range to open 150th store in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A brand new home and leisure superstore is set to open in Bury St Edmunds, creating 80 full and part-time jobs.
The Range, which will be located at Haldo House, Western Way, near Asda, will open at 9am on Friday, March 23, by the mayor of St Edmundsbury Terry Clements.
Building work has been taking place to redevelop the site and teams have been working around the clock to get the store ready for customers.
The new Bury store comes at a time of growth and expansion for the company and will be the 150th now operating across the UK and Ireland.
The new store will provide a wide variety of products across 16 departments, including DIY, homewares, arts and crafts and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Spread over two floors, the store will include a family café serving a wide selection of delicious food and drink, and will also have a large outdoor garden centre.
Prizes will be given to the first 50 people in the queue on opening day, including a star prize for the first customer.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
Chris Dawson, the owner and founder of The Range, said: “Each store plays an important part in the success of our company and Bury St Edmunds is no exception, particularly as it is our 150th store.
“We are very lucky with the staff we have and I look forward to welcoming the new team members to the company.
“I would like to invite the community of Bury St Edmunds and further afield to join us for the opening next week and discover the fantastic selection of products that we offer.”