Look around ‘very special’ seven bedroom family home near Woodbridge
- Credit: PETER LAMBERT
The Red House - a “very special Grade II listed family home” near Woodbridge, has come on the market and could be yours for £1.5m.
The Red House, in Yarmouth Road, Melton, is a seven bedroom red-brick Georgian house property.
It is approached via gravel drive and sits in a 1.5 acre enclosed plot of mature trees.
Outside it has two garages and an outside studio, as well as a spacious greenhouse.
Inside the Grade II listed house has high ceilings and a double height dining hall with a galleried landing above.
There are four bathrooms and three reception rooms with a wealth of original features throughout.
Estate agent Mark Oliver, from Savills in Ipswich, said: “The Red House sits well within its fully enclosed plot. Internally the property has great character, with high ceilings and well-proportioned rooms that feature open fireplaces and ornate surrounds. The house is light and bright throughout with large sash windows and the accommodation has a natural flow from the elegant central reception hall. It is a very special Grade II listed family home.”
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 5 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 8 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 9 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
The property is being marketed by Savills with a guide price of £1.5 million.