Look around ‘very special’ seven bedroom family home near Woodbridge
- Credit: PETER LAMBERT
The Red House - a “very special Grade II listed family home” near Woodbridge, has come on the market and could be yours for £1.5m.
The Red House, in Yarmouth Road, Melton, is a seven bedroom red-brick Georgian house property.
It is approached via gravel drive and sits in a 1.5 acre enclosed plot of mature trees.
Outside it has two garages and an outside studio, as well as a spacious greenhouse.
Inside the Grade II listed house has high ceilings and a double height dining hall with a galleried landing above.
You may also want to watch:
There are four bathrooms and three reception rooms with a wealth of original features throughout.
Estate agent Mark Oliver, from Savills in Ipswich, said: “The Red House sits well within its fully enclosed plot. Internally the property has great character, with high ceilings and well-proportioned rooms that feature open fireplaces and ornate surrounds. The house is light and bright throughout with large sash windows and the accommodation has a natural flow from the elegant central reception hall. It is a very special Grade II listed family home.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
The property is being marketed by Savills with a guide price of £1.5 million.