Is this beer garden with a tipi and fairy lights the best in the UK?
- Credit: Chestnut Group
A popular Suffolk pub has been nominated for having the best beer garden in the UK at the Great British Pub Awards.
The Weeping Willow in Barrow, Bury St Edmunds, has been shortlisted as a finalist in this year's awards – with the Chestnut Group pub proving a popular choice among locals.
The 17th century pub's garden comes complete with a tipi, dressed with faux fur blankets, candles and "miles" of fairy lights.
Greg Hacon, the pub's general manager, said: "We are delighted to have been shortlisted for the UK's best pub garden.
"We have invested a lot of time and energy into making our garden a really special experience for our guests.
You may also want to watch:
"Having also been recently named ‘The most Instagrammable pub in Suffolk’ and being voted ‘The Best Destination Pub’ by Muddy Stiletto’s followers, we are very honoured and grateful."
The team also thanked gardeners Rob and Ed for their work.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide