The Windmil, JD Wetherspoon’s pub at Stansted, is named Airport Bar of the Year at the FAB Awards
- Credit: Archant
The JD Wetherpoon pub at Stansted has been named Airport Bar of the Year at the FAB (Food & Beverage) Awards in Switzerland.
The Windmill, which opened in March 2015 and serves more than 1m customers a year, was one of three Wetherspoons pubs recognised at the awards, which are organised by the Moodie Davitt Report and the Foodie Report and held alongside the annual FAB conference.
The Wetherspoons-branded bar at Birmingham Airport was highly commented in the airpor category and the North Western, the company’s pub at Lime Street Station in Liverpool, was highly commended in the railway category.
Jon Randall, Wetherspoon’s head of property and acquisitions, said: “ We are delighted that the Windmill has been named the best Airport Bar of the Year.’
“The award is testament to the amazing efforts of manager Michael Wilkins and his team of 160 staff who serve great food and drink in a superb looking pub.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin Jones, Stansted’s interim commercial director, added: “It’s a fantastic achievement for the Windmill to be recognised as the best airport bar in the world, just over a year after it opened at the heart of Stansted’s £80m terminal transformation project.
“I would like to congratulate the whole Wetherspoon team as the pub is now an integral part of the new food and drink offer at Stansted and has proven to be extremely popular with both our UK and overseas passengers.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car