Therese Coffey: Latest Sizewell C news “an important step in the process”
- Credit: Mike Page
A Suffolk MP has described the latest phase in the Sizewell C planning saga as an “important step in the process”.
On Thursday last week EDF released a summary of the final plan after the Planning Inspectorate said the plans were suitable to continue through the process.
Therese Coffey, Suffolk Coastal MP since 2010, said: “Residents, councillors and regulators can now see all the proposals in detail and other documents for which they have been waiting, like the environmental impact assessment. This is an important step in the process enabling scrutiny of the proposal.”
The plans have come in for criticism from local action groups and Suffolk County Council.
Pete Wilkinson, the chairman of Together Against Sizewell C, described the project as a “battle for the soul and integrity of east Suffolk.”
You may also want to watch:
But Humphrey Cadoux Hudson, managing director of Sizewell C, said that project would create 25,000 jobs during its construction – of which around a third will be local.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move