Thetford/ Cambridge: Cleaning products firm Jeyes warns of job losses
STAFF at Thetford-based cleaning products company Jeyes have been told 85 local jobs could go as it stops making loss-making products.
Jeyes management told staff at both the manufacturing facility in Thetford and its head office in Cambridge that the company was undergoing a strategic change of direction with the loss of management and clerical positions.
Elsewhere, Jeyes is carrying out consultations at other manufacturing facilities, with the company consideri- ing axing a night shift at East Kilbride, near Glasgow, with the loss of 35 jobs.
Nicholas Goodwin, chief financial officer at Jeyes, which employs 350 people in the eastern region and 1,650 worldwide, said: “The announcement follows a full review of our operations, which has led us to change the strategic direction of Jeyes to focus on growing our well-recognised UK consumer brands (Parozone, Bloo, Jeyes Fluid and Easy).”
Staff were told that the company is proposing stopping the manufacture of some loss-making private labels. Mr Goodwin said that there was reduced demand for the products, despite stren- uous efforts to improve the situation.
You may also want to watch:
The company disposed of its insect control business in January and Mr Goodwin said it would also dispose of its “non-core, profitable businesses” to ensure resources were focused on core UK consumer brands.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action