Third BSI accolade for Stowmarket-based Poundfield Products
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based precast concrete products manufacturer Poundfield has received a CE quality mark from the British Standards Institute (BSI) for the third year running.
The latest evaluation was managed by Chris Skippins, quality manager at the firm’s Stowmarket site, and involved BSI inspectors examining practices of across the company.
Mr Skippins said: “The BSI looked at all our records and our processes to ensure that we are working to the criteria outlined in the British standards.
“I then looked at what we were doing and tried to ensure that we were implementing everything that we should be. I would make sure that supervisors were carrying out necessary checks and that all of our plant was calibrated to the required standard and working properly.
“There are a lot of processes that need managing and various inspection and testing plans that need to be adhered to.”
Besides seeking to achievement further improvements in preparation for next year’s assessment, Poundfield also plans to start working towards additional quality schemes such as ISO 9000.
Matt Moss, commercial director at Poundfield Products, said: “Congratulations to all of our staff, but especially Chris who oversaw this whole process, in securing our third CE mark accreditation in as many years.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 4 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 9 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
- 10 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
“The CE mark is an important validation for us as it supports our quality first, quality second and quality always motto in delivering great products on time and with the best customer service available to our growing range of customers. They can be assured that a Poundfield product will do its job – and do it well.
“The CE mark also allows us to legally market and distribute our product range within the European market, and declares that our products comply with all applicable European directives and regulations.”